Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Sad Journalist

Well hello there! Its been waaay too long since I've last written anything and I am apparently a sad excuse of a journalist! I have had so much go on in my life since the last time I was on here that I don't even know where to start...

I took my adjusters' test for the first time in March and passed one of the two tests needed. After a bit of disappointment, I drove back to work and pushed on! My dad and I spent two months in Alabama total, seeing all the horrible destruction of multiple , tornadoes. Coming home in the beginning of June, we had the wonderful joy of celebrating the love of two people by having a wedding for my little brother, Jake and his bride, Lacey! I have a sister-in-law....weird! But oh so wonderful! I absolutely love her and am so excited for Jacob that he has found the woman God has chosen for him. After that wedding, I had another just a couple weeks later for my best friend! I was excited, crazy, chaotic, romantic, etc! We worked getting everything together the couple of weeks before and the day of went off without a hitch! It was a summer of lots of events!

I don't know that I've mentioned yet that I have found the man of my dreams! It all started last March (2011) with my roommate at that time (whose name was also Megan - confusing, right!?) My roommate decided that I needed a boyfriend and that prompted her to sign me up on a dating website! She kept tabs on guys and talked with a couple, convinced me to talk to a couple. After going on a couple of first dates with guys, I had decided that it was just not worth it, none of the guys were taking it seriously...so I gave up on that! About two or three days later, I got a message from another guy on the dating site and I just ignored it. But not my roommate. She proceeded to talk to this guy as if she were me. It went on for a couple of days until she came to me and said "You have got to talk to this guy....He's different!!!" After a little pushing from her, I began talking to him and was shocked, he did seem different. We agreed to meet for dinner one night, and to my surprise it was the easiest date I'd ever been on! The conversation flowed the whole time and we laughed and joked and just kept talking...never an awkward moment! A couple of days after our first date, he asked me to go along with him to try horseback riding. I accepted and we drove for a couple of hours just to go horseback riding. It was the most awkward road trip EVER! Neither one of us talked the whole way there.....we were both a little out of our element obviously! Once we got there and got on the horses, everything changed. We were back to the fun and enjoyable conversation like we'd had at dinner earlier in the week! Our third date followed a couple of nights later where we went out for a couple of drinks then he took me to see "HOP" the cute little Easter movie that had just come out. As the movie was playing I simply stated that I hadn't had an Easter basket since I was like two! Just a couple of days later right before Easter, he showed up at my front door with a precious little Easter basket for me and a card!!!! Can anyone say "AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" Needless to say, but this point I'm already starting to see that this guy really is different from all the others! Easter weekend is when I found out that I would be going to SC/AL for a couple of months and when I called him to tell him I'd be gone for a while, he was supportive and simply said "So I need to get unlimited minutes!". He came to see me the morning I was leaving and told me he wanted to talk before I left. The next thing he said left me sitting there in shock; "I wanna be the guy you come home to, no matter how long you are gone, I will be here waiting for when you get back." Um, hello ladies, is anyone else melting yet, because I did that morning...I just smiled like a giant goofball and said "Really??? Are you being for real right now!?" With a sweet little peck on the lips he said "Yes, I am. Soooo....is that goofy smile your way of saying yes?!" LOL! April 26th, 2011, Roy and I were "official!" *insert girlie scream* And he called every night I was gone for the next two months! It was an odd way to start off a relationship, but I tell you what....we got to know each other very well after talking on the phone for an hour or two every night for two months! :) And here we are almost a year later! I'd say its going pretty well!

Over the course of the summer I worked some odd jobs, went on the road again Sept.-Nov. to KS, took and passed the other part of my adjusters' tests, then came home to work more random jobs. Its been a very financially hard year, I've moved around alot, and worked in alot of different place (which is gonna make my taxes a pain in the butt this year!), but all in all I've never been given more than I could handle! And Roy has been there every step of the way with me! We have recently been talking about rings...which is very exciting, but we'll see where it goes! :)

Anyways, now that you're bored outta your mind, that's an update...I'll try to stay more on top of this!

Meg

PS. Several job interviews this coming week....please be praying for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

family & friends