Monday, April 16, 2012

my "bees-wax"

so i'm starting my new nanny job officially this week. I will be here all week with the girls' aunt, who has been they're nanny since birth, to kind of get the hang of things before I take over for good. and honestly....."tia", what the girls call their aunt, is gonna drive me crazy!!!! first off this morning, i was lectured by her concerning the decision to move to hot springs and what brought me here. "You shouldn't be changing your whole life for some guy" (so says the 32 year old single woman). I was very irritated at the fact that she was saying it wasn't "wise" or a "good idea" to make changes like that for anyone but you. I simply explained that I was making the change from LR to HS for me! That i chose to because i wanted to be here. I wanted to tell her to "butt outta my business, this is none of your bees-wax!" After a rolling of the eyes and a "whatever", the topic of the conversation changed to the girls. She talks as though she's tough on them and doesn't let them get away with throwing fits but in reality....lets the two year old plop on the ground and kick and scream without doing anything. Needless to say, this is going to be a long week. Lord willing, after "tia" is gone the girls and i will get into a rhythm of our own and make things work a little more smoothly than they seem to be going right now! :P  anyways, just be praying that i won't loose my head on "tia" while she's still here and that i'll be able to do things her way til its just me and the girls!

thx,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

family & friends